On September 16, 1985, the brethren of Hope Lodge #20 hosted the brethren of Concordia Lodge #13 from Baltimore, Maryland. This ordinary stated communication was, in fact, extraordinary as it was the 60th anniversary of Hope Lodge's Bible which was originally gifted by Concordia Lodge on September 1, 1925. On this evening, the 1925 minutes were read before members of Concordia Lodge initiated the rededication ceremony of the Bible and presented Hope Lodge with a beautifully framed picture of both lodges at the 1925 joint meeting which was subsequently hung in the lodge hall. It's also worth noting that many members of William R. Singleton Lodge #30 were also in attendance as they were in the midst of merger negotiations with Hope Lodge.
Hope Lodge No. 20, chartered on May 28, 1967, was the first lodge formed in the jurisdiction after the end of the Civil War. The lodge was consecrated and instituted at Central Masonic Hall, Ninth and D Streets, N.W., in the presence of twenty-five founding members and a large concourse of visitors. The first Master of Hope Lodge was John Cornelius Kondrup who was the Vice Consul of the Embassy of Denmark. Worshipful Brother Kondrup was well known and highly esteemed in diplomatic circles, and in general society in Washington, DC, and was respected by all who knew him.